Exclusive insurance scheme for MG Owners’ Club members
At Lancaster Insurance, they are proud to have been specialists in classic MG insurance for over three decades; with their heritage very much tied to the MG marque life began as a division of the MG Owners’ Club (MGOC).
Now completely independent of the MGOC but still very much working closely with the club, they can offer insurance not only for their beloved MG but classics of all eras and marques. The special partnership they have with the MGOC ensures that members can receive insurance to suit them and their needs.
More than just a classic car insurer
The relationship with the club doesn’t stop at simply arranging insurance for members. They have been proud to support some great initiatives over the years, including:
- Continued support as headline sponsor for the MGOC Race Championship – something that’s been in place for many years.
- The MG Centenary event Gaydon: Lancaster Insurance sponsored elements of the event in 2023 including the incredible MG ZTT Bonneville Land Speed Record Car display.
- Sponsorship at a local level to many of the MGOC’s areas around the UK.
What Lancaster Insurance can offer members of the MGOC
They have a special MGOC scheme at Lancaster Insurance and to qualify, you need to be an MGOC club member to benefit from this. Wondering what this policy can offer you? Take a look below at the benefits you could enjoy as a Lancaster Insurance customer:
- Club discount: up to 20% off for MGOC members.
- Agreed valuations carried out by the experts: You can trust you’re in safe hands with a Lancaster Insurance valuation, as all MG valuations are undertaken by the team at the MGOC Headquarters. The team are experts in what they do, so you can rest assured you’ll be receiving an accurate valuation for their MG.
- Limited mileage discounts: They understand some cars may be driven rarely and maybe only in better weather, which is why you may be eligible for limited mileage discounts when taking out their policy.
- Mileage to suit their lifestyle: Doing more miles this year? Using their MG for business and need additional mileage? Speak to their team, who can help arrange cover to suit their requirements.
- Modified vehicles: Fitted something a little out the ordinary to their MG? Put in a bigger engine or perhaps upgraded the interior to something more modern? Chat to their team to have this considered within their insurance quotation.
- Multi car policies: There are many MG Owners who have more than one MG, which is why they can offer multi car policies and it doesn’t have to be another MG. They can even cover their modern car alongside their classic.
- Salvage retention: Should the worst happen, they understand you may want to keep the vehicle. Salvage retention will be included in their policy, and this applies to both single and multi-car cover.
- Foreign travel cover: Travelling outside of the UK or have plans to? Their classic policies allow up to 90 days of EU cover, sometimes with the option to extend further if needs be. Speak to their team about getting appropriate cover on their vehicle to enable you to drive overseas.
- UK and European Breakdown Cover: They know that no matter how much preparation and preventative maintenance you lavish on their vehicle, sometimes the unexpected happens! UK and European Breakdown Cover can be applied to both single and multi-car policies and can give added peace of mind whilst you are on the road.
- Younger driver (19 to 25): Their specialist MGOC policies can cater for younger drivers, unlike some other classic policies. Please always contact the team at Lancaster Insurance to discuss their needs when seeking a quotation.
- Older driver (aged 75+): Their specialist MGOC scheme can cater for older drivers, unlike other classic policies. They will consider older drivers who are classic MG owners and MGOC members. Please contact the team at Lancaster Insurance to discuss their needs when seeking a quotation.
- Member to member cover: If you and another MGOC member are both covered by Lancaster Insurance on the MGOC scheme, you are covered to drive each other’s MG with their permission. You will need to call Lancaster to arrange this important benefit.
Please note: You must declare their MGOC membership when requesting a quotation to receive best possible insurance pricing as a member of the club. Policy benefits, features and discounts offered may vary between insurance schemes or cover selected and are subject to underwriting criteria.
To find out what Lancaster can do for you, contact them on 01480 400 829 or Click here to be re-directed to the Lancaster Insurance website.