The new MG4 EV is an all-electric hatchback designed to offer customers affordable, zero-emissions motoring without compromise.
MG’s first fully-electric hatchback optimises space, technology, affordability and driving quality.
The MG4 EV is the first to use the innovative new Modular Scalable Platform (MSP) that will underpin a new generation of MGs, featuring rear-wheel drive, 50:50 weight distribution and thin battery technology.
Three specifications will be offered at launch - the MG4 EV SE Standard Range, the SE Long Range and the Trophy Long Range.
With battery capacities from 51kWh to 64kWh, the MG4 EV Standard Range is capable of 218 miles on the WLTP cycle, with Long Range SE and Trophy models capable of 281 miles and 270 miles respectively.
This remarkably affordable range of battery options gives customers the opportunity to find their most suitable driving specification and price point.
The 64kWh battery is also capable of recharging at up to 135kW, meaning a charge time of only 35 minutes from 10% - 80% using a 150kW DC rapid charger.
The MG4 EV is expected to bring zero-emissions motoring within reach for far more UK customers, representing an affordable, credible alternative to conventional petrol, diesel and hybrid hatchbacks.
The MG4 EV also carries MG’s trademark 7-year/80,000-mile warranty as standard, which remains one of the longest fully-transferable warranties in its class.
MG4 EV: At a glance
- Centred around four key qualities: space, technology, affordability and driver engagement
- The first fully-electric MG hatchback and the first MG to utilise the all-new Modular Scalable Platform
- New MSP offers superb roadholding and engagement, thanks to 50:50 weight distribution and a rear-wheel drive configuration
- Long Range SE and Trophy models with Active Grille Shutter system (AGS), regulating air flow according to vehicle requirements and increasing EV efficiency, especially at motorway speeds
- A choice of 5 driving modes to optimise the MG4 EV for different driving conditions
- MSP design also creates exceptional storage, cabin and boot space
- A choice of two battery options – 51kWh (Standard Range) and 64kWh (Long Range)
- Available in three trim levels: SE Standard Range, SE Long Range and Trophy Long Range
- MG Pilot advanced driver assistance as standard on all models, with Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Door Opening Warning on Trophy models
- iSMART system integrates car, internet, and user communication, now with voice activation and remote control features
- 7-year/80,000-mile fully-transferable warranty as standard
The MG4 EV has a remarkably affordable range of battery options to offer different customers their most suitable driving specification and price point, with three highly competitive specifications available at launch.
Initially available with battery capacities from 51kWh to 64kWh
MG4 EV Standard Range capable of 218 miles range on the WLTP cycle
Long Range SE and Trophy Models capable of 281 miles and 270 miles respectively
64kWh Long Range battery is also capable of charging at up to 135kW, with a charge time of only 35 minutes from 10% - 80% (150kW DC rapid charger)
Modular Scalable Platform
As the first model to use the innovative new MSP, the MG4 EV will pave the way for the next generation of all-electric MGs across a range of body styles.
- Advanced platform offers drivers superb roadholding and engagement
- Battery design and placement delivers 50:50 weight distribution and a low centre of gravity, alongside rear-wheel drive configuration
- Designed to maximise battery efficiency and interior/storage space
- MSP allows scalable range and performance for a wide variety of customer requirements, initially available with battery capacities from 51kWh to 64kWh
- Allows integration with future technologies, including battery swap systems
- Capable of supporting all-wheel drive powertrains
Manufactured using highly advanced laser welding technology and with a new, modern, striking design language, the MG4 EV boasts sophisticated aerodynamics and distinctive style.
A brand-new design from MG’s Advanced Design team
Twin aero rear spoiler
17’’ aerodynamic alloy wheels
All-new LED rear light design
Trophy models with black roof and distinctive rear centre light bar cross hatch design
Six exterior colour options: Arctic White, Holborn Blue, Black Pearl (Metallic), Camden Grey (Metallic), Dynamic Red (Tri-Coat) and Volcano Orange (Tri-Coat)
MG Pilot is included as standard on all MG4 EV models, a comprehensive package of safety equipment that features:
Active Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection
Adaptive Cruise Control with Traffic Jam Assist
Intelligent Speed Limit Assist with Traffic Sign Recognition
Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning System
Driver Attention Alert
Intelligent High Beam Assist
Trophy Long Range models are also equipped with Door Open Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Detection and Lane Change Assist.
Interior & technology
The MG4 EV’s simple, elegant interior combines minimalist design with hi-tech integration and functionality.
- A choice of black fabric upholstery (SE) or leather style with cloth inserts (Trophy)
- MG iSMART connected car features as standard, with live services on Trophy models
- Integrated, interacting dual screen technology with configurable 7’’ driver display and 10.25” floating infotainment screen
- 4-speaker audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® as standard, with upgraded 6-speaker 3D system on Trophy models
- Rotary Gear Selector
- Trophy models gain satellite navigation, 360° parking camera, heated front seats and steering wheel, height-adjustable loading floor, wireless phone charging, Bluetooth key and auto-dimming rear view mirror