The second generation of MG’s multi-award-winning, fully electric estate car features a range of comprehensive upgrades to its exterior, interior and technology, while retaining highly competitive pricing.
The new MG5 builds on the success of the previous model, recently recognised as the UK’s 5th best-selling electric vehicle in 2022*.
Two specifications are available at launch - the MG5 EV SE and the MG5 EV Trophy. Both feature MG’s 61kWh Long Range battery as standard, capable of up to 250 miles (SE) or 235 miles (Trophy) on the WLTP cycle.
The 61kWh battery is also capable of recharging at up to 87kW, meaning a charge time of only 35 minutes from 10% - 80% using a 150kW DC rapid charger.
The MG5 EV carries MG’s trademark 7-year/80,000-mile warranty as standard, which remains one of the longest fully-transferable warranties in its class.
- Available in SE or Trophy specifications, with Long Range battery included as standard on both models
- Capable of up to 250 miles* range on the WLTP cycle
- Comprehensive upgrades to exterior design, including front and rear styling
- Interior design and technology also significantly updated
- Generous estate car practicality, with a maximum rear loading capacity of 1367 litres, adjustable dual-height boot floor and towing capacity up to 500kg
- A choice of 3 driving modes (Eco, Normal and Sport) optimises the MG5 EV for different driving conditions
- MG Pilot advanced driver assistance as standard on all models
- Two new major technology advancements over the previous model with the introduction of Vehicle-To-Load Technology (V2L) and MG’s iSMART app connectivity, both as standard across the range
- 7 year/80,000-mile fully transferable warranty as standard
The MG5 EV offers a comfortable, effortless and responsive driving experience, with instant acceleration and refined ride quality.
- Long Range 61kWh battery as standard
- SE and Trophy models capable of up to 250 miles and 235 miles respectively on the WLTP cycle
- Powerful 115kW motor equivalent to 156PS
- 0-60mph in 7.3 seconds, with a top speed of 115mph
- 61kWh Long Range battery is capable of charging at up to 87kW, with a charge time of only 35 minutes from 10% - 80% (150kW DC rapid charger)
The new MG5 EV offers significant styling updates, with a redesigned front and rear, along with technological improvements inside.
- Revised front and rear design language
- Enhanced LED headlights and taillights as standard
- New 16’’ (SE) and 17’’ (Trophy) alloy wheels
- Interior design and technology enhancements include a 10.25’’ widescreen infotainment system with upgraded software and 7” Driver Display
- Rear Privacy Glass available on Trophy Specification
- Six exterior colour options: Arctic White, Piccadilly Blue (Metallic), Black Pearl (Metallic), Hampstead Grey* (Metallic), Cosmic Silver* (Metallic) and Dynamic Red (Tri-Coat)
MG Pilot is included as standard on all MG5 EV models, a comprehensive package of safety equipment featuring:
Active Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection
Adaptive Cruise Control with Traffic Jam Assist
Intelligent Speed Limit Assist
Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning System
Intelligent High Beam Assist
Interior & technology
The MG5 EV’s new interior features high quality design touches and updated technology, with an emphasis on comfort and safety.
Integrated 10.25’’ widescreen infotainment system with upgraded software
7” Digital Driver Display
MG iSMART connected car features
A choice of fabric (SE) or leather style perforated upholstery with cloth inserts (Trophy)
6-speaker audio system with 3D sound as standard, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
Rotary Gear Selector
Trophy specification also includes 360° parking camera, heated front seats, auto air conditioning, electrically folding heated door mirrors, rear privacy glass and an auto-dimming rear view mirror